The Terex Way
Demag Cranes & Components, is a subsidiary of Demag Cranes AG. Since August 2011, the Terex Corporation has held a majority share of the Company.
A Message From Ron DeFeo, Chairman and CEO, Terex Corporation:
There are six values that make up the Terex Way: Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Servant Leadership, Courage and Citizenship. While each of these is fairly easy to understand, I do believe that a brief explanation is appropriate to put them into context:
- Integrity: We never sacrifice integrity for profit. We are transparent in all our business dealings. We are accountable to our team members, customers and shareholders for achieving our goals while protecting our reputation and assets.
- Respect: We provide a safe and healthy environment for our team members. We treat all people with dignity and respect. We value the differences in people’s thinking, backgrounds and cultures. We are committed to team member development.
- Improvement: We continuously search for new and better ways of doing things, eliminating waste and continually improving. We challenge the status quo and require stretch goals. We work in teams across boundaries to achieve common goals.
- Servant Leadership: We work to serve the needs of our customers, investors and team members. We nurture a culture of “chain of support” versus “chain of command.” We ask what we can do to help.
- Courage: We have the personal and professional courage to do the right thing and take risks that may cause us to win as well as to fail periodically. We make decisions and take action. We don’t admonish failure, only failure to learn.
- Citizenship: We’re good global, local and national citizens. We’re good stewards of the environment and the communities where we live. We participate in making the world we live in a better place.
In my view, if we live the values articulated above we will have tremendous success with our customers, suppliers, and eventually our investors. Our fellow team members will be the highest performing in our industry and we will be able to attract the best talent to continue our journey. This is the company Terex can be in the future.
Every company needs a compass to guide activities. The Terex Way provides that compass.
Ron DeFeo, Chairman and CEO, Terex Corporation
Customer Value Creation
As the world’s most experienced overhead material handling equipment manufacturer, our company helps customers increase productivity while reducing maintenance cost. By designing and manufacturing each component in-house and leveraging our deep application expertise, we provide customers with proven equipment performance for all industrial applications. This allows us to better match the products to your application and provide a solution that delivers the overall highest value.